23 May 2016
If you’re not familiar with explainer videos, they are those short, succinct videos – about 30-90s seconds in length – that have begun to pop up on company websites, in emails and in social media. An effective way to promote a brand, explainer videos showcase products or services in a highly engaging and way that is consistent.
As an example… here’s one to explain what an explainer video is:
What can an explainer video do for your business?
- Differentiation – explainer videos are a great way for your brand to stand out as a point of difference in your sales and marketing material and across social channels
- Getting the message right – explainer videos are the perfect way to unveil what your business does and demonstrate how your products and services can benefit customers
- Improve engagement – the video allows technical and complicated information about products to be explained in an easy to follow format that is creative and colourful
- Multi-geo touch points – housing your explainer videos on your website allows the information to be accessed, shared and viewed 100s’ of time
- Query resolution – creating an explainer video to articulate a process can help answer common questions your customer has, also reducing the number of queries your business received as a result
- Makes your brand look good – explainer videos can make your brand look cool and current in the market
Why does your B2B, NFP or business need an explainer video?
There are a number of reasons why creating an explainer video is valuable for your business. One of the primary reasons businesses [in particular B2Bs] have approached us to design an explainer video, is to help communicate consistent messages across the business.
This is especially important in large businesses where you have a number of staff ‘selling’ different components (products and services). What tends to happen is that sales execs, for example, will focus on the area of the business that they feel most comfortable with. This can result in a lack of consistency in other areas where product knowledge matters, and may be required to close a sale. An explainer video can solve these issues, condensing complicated and technical information into an easy to absorb video that your business and teams can use.
Your sales teams can take along a tablet when attending a meeting, and show the client right there on the spot in 2–3 minutes. Or can follow up easily by sending the video digitally. Your business then becomes “spot on” showcasing your products in the best light, turning your sales exec into a ‘high-tech’ professional at the same time. If a decision maker missed a meeting, the video can simply be sent along via email, or sent via a link to its landing page.
KEY INGREDIENTS TO EXPLAINER VIDEO SUCCESS
- Key message – be really clear on what understanding you want your audience to walk away with
- Consistency throughout the piece – script it!
- Compelling graphics – it makes sense to invest in some creative, colourful iconography and graphics. The great thing here is that you can use this on other pages/marketing/social media and areas of the business
- Voiceover professional – choose a professional to be the voice of your brand, product or service. Think carefully about your audience and the tone you want to use.
- Animation – Adding elements of animation is another great way to present information in a format that is easy to process, follow and remember.
Make it Happen produce successful explainer videos. Take a look at a recent example, created for Corality.
If you think an explainer video could really help your sales and brand do more, please get in touch with any questions.